16 Twitter Abbreviations You Should Know
Here are 16 Twitter abbreviations that will help you Tweet like a pro!
- AFAIK- Twitter shorthand for “as far as I know”
- BFN-Bye for now.
- BTW- By the way.
- DIAF- Die in a Fire; expresses extreme anger with a person or about an idea.
- FWIW- For What It's Worth.
- #FF or #FollowFriday- #FollowFriday or commonly shortened to #FF is used to give a shout out to another Twitter user by suggesting people follow them. It is often used for people who are new to Twitter.
- Fail Whale- Fail Whale is referring to a graphic that is displayed when the site is over capacity. The graphic is a white whale being lifted out of the water by birds.
- FTL/FTW- “for the loss” or “for the win” is used to show disappointment or enthusiasm and often seen used during sporting events, for video gamers, and hackers.
- HT- HT stands for Hat Tip and commonly seen on Twitter when one user is complimenting another user on something they have tweeted.
- ICYMI- In case you missed it, this is often used when a user retweets something they have already tweeted.
- MT- MT stands for modified tweet and is used in the same sense as RT but is used to show you are editing an original tweet.
- OH-most often means "overheard" in Tweets. Used as a way to quote funny things people overhear.
- TFTF- Twitter shorthand for “thanks for the follow”
- TIL- “Today I learned” is used when twitting new information you learned that you want to share with your followers
- SMH- Shake/shaking my head, this is used when expressing disbelief or disappointme
- WTV- Whatever
If you need help managing your social media accounts, Media Management Services Inc.can provide a full range of social media solutions.