Public relations can help you gain the attention of your audience and help you tell them the story of you services, products and or messages. If you own a small business, you may think you have to spend thousands of dollars to have a good PR presence. But an effective public relations campaign can be achieved with a little ingenuity at a cost much lower than you might expect.
Here are three tips to help you create good PR at a reasonable price and monitor your results:
1. Use FREE Samples or Free Trials to launch your products or services. This will allow you to attract potential customers. The FREE offer should be designed to then move your prospects into buying. Costco knows that offering FREE samples to shoppers results in big sales of the products that are sampled. Offering a trial or a sample takes away part of the fear or trying something new. The free samples help convert users into fans and the interest into sales much faster.
2. Use Social Influence to Promote Your Product or Service. Informational social influence, also known as Social proof, is a psychological phenomenon where people assume the actions of others in an attempt to reflect correct behavior for a given situation.
Social proof is very prominent on social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. The number of followers, fans, views, likes, favorites and positive comments will affect how other users perceive you and your products and or services.
This effect is driven by the assumption that surrounding people possess more knowledge about the situation. Social proof reflects a rational motive to take into account the information possessed by others.
3. Promote Your Content. It can cost a small fortune to be featured on a national talk show or advertise using traditional media, but when funds are tight, think viral. Find 50 influential people to share your content at the same time and you can almost always create viral content.
When trying to create viral content that your audience can relate to is essential. Creating something that anyone can look at and immediately relate to, in one way or another is a huge factor in videos that go viral. Also happy content has a better chance than something sad.
However, very little content goes viral. But even if it doesn't go viral, it is smart to get your content in front of as many pairs of eyes as you possibly can. Social media management can help you promote your content on social sites.(For best results you should allocate at least a third of your total content budget to promotion.)
Public relations specialists can help you establish and maintain relationships with your target audience, the media and other opinion leaders. Commit to finding new ways to market your business in 2016 to help you achieve your marketing goals.
Let the experts at Media Management Services help your business develop and execute a public relations campaign that will:
- improve your reputation
- strengthen your brand
- boost your sales
- solve unexpected problems
- enhance your credibility
- increase customer loyalty