By: Braeden Mincher, Social Media Manager
Now that you’ve learned how to utilize content curation tools, schedule your social media posts, and the importance of using a dedicated browser to work on your social media strategy, it’s time to learn three more tips to maximize your productivity while managing your social media sites. Everyone could use some extra help with their social media strategy, so here are three more tips that will help you with it:
4. Follow a schedule: having a weekly, even daily routine for your social media strategy can help you set boundaries that can control how often you visit a social media site. All social media sites are designed different, and this correlates with how often you should visit each site. Set aside time (around 2-3 times a day) to check in for strategic purposes on these sites, and for a weekly routine, set aside a few times in order to engage on these networks. This way is a lot more effective then checking in “whenever you have the time”. Following a schedule and setting aside certain times for your social media strategy increases your overall engagement and productivity.
5. Time to get analytical: it doesn’t sound so fun, but using analytics can help your social media strategy. They are there for your advantage, so you might as well use them. You can even create your own analytics dashboard by utilizing different applications. Some of the more popular applications are Cyfe, Sumall, and Netvibes. By using theses, you are able to get different applicable data from them in order to help you maximize your productivity. Since there is no perfect social media analytical platform, many find it best using different ones for different social media sites.
- For Twitter, Sprout Social
- For Facebook, Facebook Insights
- For Pinterest, Tailwind
- And for your website, Google Analytics
6. Turn old content into new content. Sometimes pulling content from months ago, can still be relevant today. This doesn’t apply for all content but don’t be afraid to dig up content from the past in fear that it won’t apply today. Evergreen content does not have an expiration date because the value of the content is still relevant. Although you can still use SMQueue to make sure that your old content is exposed often in social media, you can recycle your content in a vast amount of content marketing mediums, which includes infographics and eBooks. You can even revise your old content to create newer blog posts. This way, you don’t have to always think of newer ideas, and you can just tweak or add to your old ones!
Using these six tips together can save you hours a day spent on social media and allow you to maintain a strong social media presence. This allows you to focus your time on content creation and engage with other social media users without having to worry about the rest of the labor that goes with having multiple social media accounts.
Media Management Services Inc. offers a comprehensive program to help you effectively use social media. We believe that a successful social media campaign includes a solid strategy that includes audience engagement and interaction backed with state of the art analytics.
Our services include:
- A customized social media calendar
- Design, setup and engagement on major social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn
- Creation of LinkedIn Profiles for maximum results
- Monitoring of your social presence and online reputation
- Increasing your followers and your fan base with innovative ideas
- Monthly analytics with recommendations to improve your business
- Integrate your social media strategy with your inbound marketing strategy
- Developing and placing social media ads