By: Braeden Mincher, Social Media Manager
Everybody could be a little more productive, and now that social media has become the most efficient, cost-effective way to communicate a message to the world, it is safe to say that it is important to be productive when it comes to your social media strategy. Whether you’re an expert, a beginner or somewhere in between, these tips will benefit your business and digital presence.
Here are three tips to maximize your social media productivity:
1. Utilize your content curation tools: Content curation is the process of sorting through the vast amount of content that the internet has to offer. You want to sort through this content with a certain goal or a theme in mind. There is a plethora of sources to pull content or ideas from on the web, some of those being:
- Swayy- guides you through to find relevant content based on your theme, visitors’ preferences and trends.
- Beatrix- not only helps you find relevant content, but also makes it easy to schedule.
- Social Buzz Club- here, you find content that comes from a community of content creators that you can share on your social platforms.
- Viral Content Buzz- like Social Buzz Club, you can also find content to share from a community of content creators.
- Twitter Lists- here, you can curate news as it breaks so you can be the first to share it!
- Google Plus Circles- very similar to Twitter lists, you can share and currant content that people in your circle have shared.
2. Scheduling your posts: It is not always necessary to post your blog posts or tweets as soon as you compose them. You need to use the correct social media tools that allow you to automatically publish the posts on a schedule. The timing of your blog and social posts is important as to when the best time of day that people will be viewing it. Using RRS makes it simple to post your blogs automatically without having to worry about pushing that publish button. Some of the more popular sites are HootSuite, MarketMeSuite, Hubspot, and for Facebook, Post Planner.
3. One thing that you may have never thought about is using a dedicated browser for your social media. This helps you keep focus when composing a new blog post. On this dedicated browser, keep tabs open for the social media sites that you use so it’s easy to navigate around to each one. This way, it is less tempting to check your Twitter or Instagram feed, or even watching endless YouTube videos. Staying focused on your work, along with taking 15 minute breaks about every hour will maximize your productivity and give you better results from your posts.
Taking these three tips into consideration will improve your social media productivity.
Social platforms can be powerful tools. They can also be confusing and time-consuming. Social media allows companies to listen to their customers and prospects and build relationships with them.
By now you know that your company needs a social media strategy. We work with small to medium size businesses looking to add customers and grow profits.
Media Management Services Inc. offers a comprehensive program to help you effectively use social platforms. We believe that a successful campaign includes a solid strategy that includes audience engagement and interaction backed with state of the art analytics. Call us to discuss your social media management solutions.