How do you know if your online advertising is working?
If you don’t know if your online marketing efforts are working, you aren’t using the right analytics. Analytics allow you to know immediately what is working and what isn’t. It is one of the key advantages to online marketing.
It provides you with information that is vital for marketing, sales, budgeting, forecasting, and relational reporting. There are numerous analytic packages available. Hubspot, Google analytics and Coremetrics are a few.
In less than ten minutes, you can insert a line of code that will provide a wealth of information such as:
1. Which pages drive the most traffic to your site?
2. Which campaigns are most successful?
3. The length of time people are spending on each page.
4. Which key words people are using to find your site in Google or other search engines?
5. Check the geographic location of people on your site.
6. Check e-commerce sales and products sold.
7. Analytics will let you set goals and track them.
Return on investment (ROI) is a performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of your investment in a campaign or to compare the efficiency of different campaigns.
To check the ROI on an email or direct marketing campaign you can use a simple calculation provided by Peter Delegge at http://www.marketingtoday.com/tools/roi_calculator.htm
Hubspot has a suite of online analytic tools called Grader.com. Focused on website optimization, this tool measures your website effectiveness.
Tracking your marketing efforts is a requirement in today’s competitive market. You can start with the basics and graduate to more in-depth analytics as you grow. Web marketing is the most measurable platform and will give you great insight into what is working and what isn’t.