By: Braeden Mincher, Social Media Manager
Snapchat is a picture and video sharing app that you use on your phone. Snapchat allows its users to write a caption, use filters, and send pictures and videos to other users on a friend list.
What’s different about Snapchat is that when a user sends out a picture or video, the image on the recipient’s screen will only appear for a limited amount of time, depending on how long the other user sets the time for.
Here are 5 things that you need to know:
- The first thing you need to know about Snapchat is the most unique feature. When somebody on your friend list sends you a picture, you have to keep your finger on the screen to watch as long as the sender sets the timer for. If you take your finger away from the screen, the image will disappear.
- You can set a time that you allow your friends to view your picture for. The time ranges from one second to 10 seconds; however, if you are taking a video, the video will be as long as you film for, up to 10 seconds. You can adjust the time for each picture you send.
- Like Instagram, Snapchat has filters. By going into your settings and pressing “manage” you can turn on your filter settings. There are three different filters you can use for each picture by sliding the screen to the left after you take a picture. In addition, there are three other filters that can display the time, temperature, and speed you’re going.
- Snapchat has “My Story”. Instead of clicking everyone on your friend list, you can click the My Story option at the top of your friend list and this allows everyone to view your image. You can also add to your My Story as many images as you want and people can click through it and watch.
- You can use the front-facing flash camera. Many of Snapchat’s users take “selfies”, which if you have a phone with a camera on the front, it is easier to take rather than turning your phone around to use the back camera. By going into your settings and pressing “manage” you can turn on the front-facing flash camera. So if you are in a darker room and need a little help getting more light, you can use your front camera.
Snapchat is a fun, easy way to communicate with friends and family. However, there is a lot more to know about the app before you decide to try it out. Don't miss out on all the extra fun that Snapchat has to offer so click on the button below to see what else Snapchat can do!
Media Management Services Inc. offers a comprehensive program to help you effectively use social media. We believe that a successful social media campaign includes a solid strategy that includes audience engagement and interaction backed with state of the art analytics.