By: Braeden Mincher, Social Media Manager
Search Engine Optimization, also known as SEO has often been associated with using keywords for your website but did you know that it extends to your business’s social media profiles as well?
But with what it seems like an infinite amount of social media sites, it is important to realize that every social media site it different. With this, the keywords that you need to use may be different too.
You might find yourself asking a few questions like, “Where should I put these keywords?”, “How should I incorporate keywords into my posts?” or “What are my customers looking for?” Rest assure, these questions will be answered with a few simple tips.
- Let’s begin with none other than the social media powerhouse, Facebook. The most quick and simple tasks could be the most important things to include for your business. Fill out the categories and subcategories section under “edit your profile” with keywords specific to your business. For instance, if you are an owner of a jewelry store inChicagoyou may want to include in your subcategories words such as “jewelry, earrings, necklaces,Chicago, etc”.
- Along with the categories and subcategories, you also need to fill out the sections for long description, short description and general information. While filling these out, you should use 1 key word for your short description, 2 in your long description and around 4 in the general information section. Be as specific as you can with these keywords because you want to be sure that the words you use are as close to your brand as possible, rather than being broad.
- Another way to use your keywords is through hashtags. Though it is a bit of a controversial topic, Facebook’s search is becoming stronger so by using keywords in your search, it can help you be found easier. Don’t rely on hashtags for all of your SEO purposes because it is not always reliable but it definitely does not hurt to use them.
- On here you can optimize the use of hashtags a little more. You should test which keywords get the most clicks, not just putting any word in and hoping that it works.
- Use the little amount of space for your Twitter bio to plug in your keywords relevant to your business. Be sure to include the city you’re located because this can help people locate you. Taking the jeweler in Chicago example again, you may want to use hashtags such as #chicagojewlery when you tweet.
- Though tweeting with hashtags is essential it is also key that you don’t overuse your hashtags #this #can #get #really #annoying to your followers. 1 or 2 hashtags are plenty for each tweet. But make those hashtags count!
Facebook and Twitter aren’t the only social media sites where SEO can matter for your business, Google + is one the most important sites for SEO. Find out how!
Small and medium sized businesses need to utilize local SEO to compete. You don't have to spend a fortune to rank high with search engines, but you do need a strategy.
To plan an effective local SEO strategy it is important to understand the tools you can use to rank high in the local listings from search engines. Local SEO can deliver more of those highly targeted consumers you want to visit your business or website
Media Management Services, Inc has been in the business of helping clients find solutions to meet their marketing and advertising goals for over 33 years. We're not just another ad agency or media buying service, but advertising and marketing consultants that provide solutions to accomplish your goals.