By Braeden Mincher, Social Media Manager
Social media. Where do I begin? Social media is used for a variety of communication styles, but are you aware of just how important it can be to your company? From going out to dinner to calling a contractor, you want to know if the business you chose will be worth your money. Am I right?
Developing a good social media strategy can make all the difference in the success of your business. Having a solid social media platform can not only help you grow your business but it can also help you monitor the reviews people are giving you.
Social media is an influencer. People trust what others are saying on it. This brings me to my favorite quote by Abraham Lincoln that I found online: “Don’t always believe what you read on the internet.” All jokes aside, people tend to believe the negative reviews circulating on the internet, so what can you do to ensure positive feedback?
- Listen! If people are giving you positive or negative reviews on social media, listen to them! No matter if you agree or disagree with the statement. Listening to your customers shows that you care about them and what they have to say. People like to be heard, so use it to your advantage!
- Interact! Social media is a two way communicating street. Make sure you are responding to people as much as you’re composing and make it fun! Ask people what they think, what you can do better, or what ideas they have. You may be pleasantly surprised with what they have to say.
- Integrate! The sky’s the limit, so don’t just stop at social media to promote your business. Inbound marketing and other forms of content marketing can bring your customer closer and put you where you want to be. It can also help you reach a broader demographic of customers.
- Share! This may sound like a no-brainer but make sure that the content you publish on the web is able to be shared with the world! It helps spread the word, and like I said before, people trust each others business reviews.
So what will you get out of all of this? I’m glad you asked. Making social media marketing a key factor in your business will allow you to:
- Increase sales
- Build brand loyalty
- Be better known
- Could lead to free advertising by word of mouth.
- Monitor customer reviews
- Make your business stronger
That sounds good to me. So where can you find help?
Media Management Services Inc. offers a comprehensive program to help you effectively use social media. We believe that a successful social media campaign includes a solid strategy that includes audience engagement and interaction backed with state of the art analytics.