Since its inception in 2002, LinkedIn has become the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 150 million members in over 200 countries and territories as of February 2012. LinkedIn is primarily a networking site versus Facebook that is more of a social site.
The legal community has been quick to adopt LinkedIn. Everyone from injury attorneys to business and bankruptcy lawyers are using LinkedIn to search reviews and connect with other attorneys. It has many advantages for helping attorneys grow their practices.
As an attorney LinkedIn can:
- Help you attract proper public exposure to help potential clients find you.
- Let you manage your reputation in a credible, professional manner.
- Allow you to find relevant information and experts when you need them.
- Increase your rank in search results when people are looking for an attorney.
- Keep you informed about your competition.
LinkedIn is giving attorneys a new platform to build their practice. You can extend the reach of your web site, legal directory listings and other online marketing techniques by using LinkedIn. Start capitalizing on LinkedIn's advantages today.
If you would like to learn more about how to use LinkedIn for your practice, download our FREE tips now!