You may be thinking that social media is just for kids or not really something you want to do for you business. But ignoring social media could be costing you customers and big dividends at the cash register.
Currently there are over 2 billion users on Facebook each month, 307 million monthly users on Twitter, and over 396 million users on Linkedin. The numbers are growing everyday. There are now more 2.2 billion social media users worldwide!
- 52% of those people use two or more social media sites
- social media can help you with lead generation and customer acquisition
Here are a few social media tips to get you on the road to using social platforms for your medium or small business.
1. Use all the platforms! By posting your content on Facebook, LinkedIn and, Pinterest, Google +, Snapchat, Tumblr, and Twitter, you can test to see where your customers are spending their time and which platforms work the best for communicating with them.
2. Analyze Your Results. You can use the analytics available from the social media platforms. Facebook and Twitter offer some great insights. Checking your results will let you know which platforms are performing and where you should be spending the majority of your time.
3. Keep it Simple. After your initial trial. Pick two or three platforms and start posting on a regular basis. There are lots of great tools available to help you manage your social media campaigns. HootSuite is probably the most popular and is easy to navigate.
4. Respond Quickly. When someone comments on your posts, acknowledge it immediately. If you can't do it yourself, be sure you assign someone who can. You may want to consider a social media consultant to help you manage you campaigns.
5. Use Graphics or Pictures. Research shows that people respond to visual posts much more often than those that don't have a visual element. Facebook knows this and Twitter has adapted to include images as well.
Social media can be a powerful tool. It can also be a confusing and time-consuming one. Social media allows companies to attract new prospects, listen to existing customers and build relationships with them.
By now you know that your company needs a social media strategy. We work with small to medium size businesses looking to add customers and grow profits.
Media Management Services Inc. offers a comprehensive social media management program to help you effectively use social media. We believe that a successful social media campaign includes a solid strategy that includes audience engagement and interaction backed with state of the art analytics.
Our services include:
- A customized social media calendar
- Design, setup and engagement on major social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn
- Creation of LinkedIn Profiles for maximum results
- Monitoring of your social presence and online reputation
- Increasing your followers and your fan base with innovative ideas
- Monthly analytics with recommendations to improve your business
- Integrate your social media strategy with your inbound marketing strategy
- Developing and placing social media ads
As an inbound marketing agency, MMS takes an integrated, performance-driven approach to your marketing. We connect your brand with your customers across traditional and digital channels for maximum lead generation and customer acquisition.